Qantas and Emirates have revealed details of benefits that will be available to frequent flyers through their proposed partnership.
From 31 March 2013 and pending regulatory approval, Qantas Frequent Flyer and Emirates Skywards members will have access to the following benefits:
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points or Emirates Skywards Miles on Emirates and Qantas flights (with some exceptions for Emirates Skywards members on the Qantas domestic network).
- An expanded network for members of each program to earn Qantas Status credits and Status bonus or Skywards Tier Miles and Tier bonus.
- Redeem points/Miles on any part of the Qantas or Emirates network – a combined total of more than 175 destinations worldwide.
- Access to both Qantas and Emirates lounges for Gold members (or above) of either program in Australia, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa.
- Have their tier status in either program recognised with both airlines when flying on the joint Qantas-Emirates network (where available).
Emirates and Qantas have also announced their shared baggage policy on certain routes for travel from 31 March 2013. To enable a more seamless experience as customers travel on the joint network, Qantas will move from a piece and weight system to a weight system, for all international flights – excluding those to/from the Americas. As part of this alignment, Emirates will increase its pre-purchase excess baggage discount to 30 percent.
Eligible Qantas Frequent Flyers, Qantas Club members, and Skywards members will enjoy additional allowances when traveling across the joint network. For more details on the scheme see http://bit.ly/Yn669Q.